Terry Brody is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura Consulting Group. He is based in New York, NY and Parsippany, NJ. Mr. Brody has close to 15 years of leadership experience in both the public and private sectors handling complex litigations, conducting regulatory investigations, and managing multi-billion-dollar government programs.
Before joining Ankura, Mr. Brody helped establish and build a central recovery office charged with coordinating the State of New Jersey’s multi-billion-dollar disaster recovery effort following Hurricane Sandy. He was later appointed by the New Jersey Governor to a dual cabinet and senior staff position to head the recovery office. In these roles, Mr. Brody:
- Managed a cross-agency, multi-disciplinary team that performed a comprehensive analysis of storm impacts, risks and vulnerabilities.
- Developed a suite of recovery and resilience initiatives to address impacts across all sectors including transportation, environmental infrastructure, utilities, housing and the economy. Many of the infrastructure initiatives incorporated innovative, cost-effective and implementable solutions that mitigate risks, enhance resilience and harden key infrastructure assets.
- Worked with federal agencies to advocate for billions of dollars in financial aid and for regulatory reforms to streamline disaster recovery programs.
- Developed and oversaw compliance and monitoring protocols to mitigate the risk of fraud, waste and abuse, and to enhance transparency.
Prior to Superstorm Sandy, Mr. Brody served on the New Jersey Attorney General’s executive team, where he oversaw more than 8,000 employees and ten divisions.
In that role, Mr. Brody:
- Advised the Governor, Lieutenant Governor and cabinet on a wide variety of complex legal, regulatory, law enforcement and emergency management manners.
- Oversaw priority departmental initiatives including deployment of technology, policy changes and organizational restructuring.
- Managed high-priority investigations and lawsuits, including securities fraud class actions, natural resource damage suits, and consumer fraud matters.
- Directly negotiated settlements in high profile matters, including the resolution of a highly publicized payment dispute with the federal government.
- Negotiated a multi-billion-dollar transportation program agreement.
Earlier in his career, Mr. Brody worked at two large law firms representing clients in complex commercial litigations, corporate investigations, regulatory matters, and also advised corporate executives and board members on governance matters, risk environments and business decisions.
Mr. Brody received a Bachelor of Science degree magna cum laude from The University of Scranton and a Juris Doctor from Rutgers Law School.