Scott Corzine is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura Consulting Group, located in the New York, NY office. He has extensive experience in providing operational risk and resilience services to a broad portfolio of private, public and education sector clients around their governance, risk and compliance initiatives and supporting their response to disruptions and crises. Mr. Corzine has conducted cybersecurity assessments, benchmarking and technical information security testing, and has delivered vulnerability remediation plans and long term InfoSec maturity roadmaps for global clients in multiple industry sectors.
Throughout his career, Mr. Corzine has conducted operational risk and business impact assessments, and has developed crisis management frameworks, recovery strategies, and business/operational continuity plans for public and private sector clients across the U.S. and other continents. Mr. Corzine has developed training curricula and led business recovery workshops for New York City and FEMA. He has conducted security and vulnerability assessments, developed comprehensive emergency management plans, and facilitated training and exercises for numerous education sector clients. Mr. Corzine was principal investigator on two research teams engaged by a unit of The National Academy of Sciences to study resilience issues in the U.S. airport sector and develop custom software to assist airports in developing their business continuity and emergency management plans.
Mr. Corzine’s professional experience includes:
- Information Security Assessment for Asian Telecommunications Operator – Performed a detailed benchmarking and ISO 27001/2 assessment of the company’s information security posture and maturity for the Board Audit Committee.
- Operational Resilience Regime for Multinational Insurance Underwriter – Developed business continuity, IT disaster recovery and emergency management plans for operating subsidiaries in five continents.
- Airport Resilience Software for the Transportation Research Board of The National Academies – Served as Principal Investigator for two project teams that developed software to help U.S. airports develop business continuity and airport emergency plans.
- Continuity of Operations Planning for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – Developed continuity of operations planning (COOP) curricula and facilitated business recovery workshops in FEMA Regions I, II and III, and for New York State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services.
- Cyber Forensics Investigation – Conducted cyber forensic investigation around suspected misuse of telecommunications infrastructure for a global mining company.
- Crisis Management Planning for Energy Producer – Reviewed, assessed and re-developed the corporate crisis management plan.
- Physical and Logical Risk Assessments and Application Recovery Priority – Engaged by leading research university to conduct a physical and logical risk assessment and business impact assessment to help document and prioritize application recovery.
- HIPAA Security Rule Assessments – Engaged by hospital systems, medical records system developers and law firms to assess compliance with HIPAA and preparedness for Health & Human Services (HHS) audits.
- Business Continuity for Consumer Products Companies and Retailers – Global roll-out of operational risk assessments and business continuity management programs for multinational consumer products manufacturers and retailers.
- Global Crisis Management Framework – Hired to develop and implement a model for managing crises across the properties of a leading hospitality provider – to identify, characterize, escalate and manage crisis events that threaten enterprise and brand value.
- Operational Disruption to Heavy Manufacturing – Conducted operational disruption risk assessment and developed business continuity plans for manufacturer of heavy equipment.
- Business Continuity in Pharmaceuticals, Biotech & Life Sciences – Developed living business continuity programs for leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
- Crisis Management in Education – Assessed, developed and exercised emergency management and business continuity plans for numerous public and private universities and community colleges, and hundreds of large public school systems.
- Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) for Governments – Multi-year engagements to build COOP plans for entire state and local governments across their agencies, departments, and tribal areas.