Scott Rinaldi is a Managing Director in the Turnaround & Restructuring practice at Ankura Consulting Group and located in the Washington, DC office. Mr. Rinaldi has more than 19 years of experience providing strategic, operational, managerial and financial solutions to distressed companies, as well as creditors in both in- and out-of-court restructurings. He has broad experience including engagements in the financial services, airline, retail, real estate, technology, funeral services, not-for-profit and manufacturing (paper products, telecommunications, industrial equipment, print fulfillment) industries.
Mr. Rinaldi’s professional experience includes:
- Peabody Energy Corporation – Served as team lead with respect to all pre-petition operational preparation activities including but not limited to the chapter 11 voluntary petitions, first day motions/orders, first day declaration, and operational readiness including internal training materials for a bankruptcy filing that included more than 150 individual debtor entities. Led the engagement team that was responsible for assisting the debtors in navigating the bankruptcy process including the preparation of monthly operating reports, preparation of the statements and schedules, implementing processes to determine assumption or rejection of executory contracts and the reconciliation of claims, among other tasks.
- RadioShack Corporation – Served as team lead with respect to all pre-petition operational preparation activities. After filing assisted the debtors in navigating the bankruptcy process including but not limited to complying with all bankruptcy related reporting requirements, rejecting store leases and vacating in excess of 2,000 store locations, determining executory contract to be rejected and assisted in the development of a transition services agreement, assisted with the development of the plan of reorganization and disclosure statement including the claims estimation and liquidation analysis.
- Caribbean Petroleum Liquidation Trust – Responsible for all day to day activities associated with the Caribbean Petroleum Liquidation Trust. Tasks include overseeing and managing former debtor staff focused on the wind down of all business activities, reconciling and resolving approximately $7 billion of claims and making distributions to creditors holding allowed claims, and reporting activities of the Trust to all constituent groups including the bankruptcy court.
- Rex Ventures Group, LLC – Financial advisor to the Receiver of a Ponzi scheme that involved in excess of 2 million individual unique users (approximately 1 million users paid money into the scheme) and assisted in the development and implementation of a claims reconciliation protocol to review, reconcile and resolve filed proofs of claim.
- Arcapita Bank BSC – Assisted the FTI engagement team with respect to claims resolutions and distributions pursuant to the plan of liquidation.
- MF Global Holdings, Ltd. – Served on the engagement team advising the Chapter 11 Trustee of MF Global Holdings, Ltd. and certain of its wholly owned subsidiaries. Assisted the Debtors in navigating the bankruptcy process including the development of plan of liquidation confirmed by the bankruptcy court.
- SDNY Receivership – Served as financial advisor to the Receiver of a cash management business seized by the government after a theft of $50 million was discovered. Assisted in the orderly closure of the business including the sale of two viable entities and disposition of all other assets through bankruptcy. Lead the engagement team responsible for all aspects of the voluntary bankruptcy filings.
- A representative list of companies that are part of his extensive corporate finance experience include: MF Global Holdings, Ltd., WCI Communities, Inc., Pope & Talbot, Inc., US Airways, Inc., Aloha Airgroup, Inc., Footstar, KB Toys, Jacobson Stores, American Tissue, Inc., Tokheim Corporation, SGL Carbon Corporation, The Loewen Group, Cosmetic Center, White Oak Plantation and Walker Digital.