Richard Altman is a Managing Director at Ankura Consulting Group and is based in Parsippany, NJ. Mr. Altman has been working with financially distressed companies for 15 years and has over 30 years of experience in financial services and IT software development, including serving in a variety of financial, account management, project management, and operational positions. A results-driven professional with extensive management achievements. His experience in the distressed arena includes cash management, forensic investigation and litigation support, business valuations, financial modeling, financial reporting, operations, and advising and assisting companies with evaluating and developing strategic business plans.
Prior to his current position, Mr. Altman served as a Managing Director with Marotta Gund Budd & Dzera, LLC (“MGBD”), which was acquired by Ankura Consulting in 2016. His experience includes:
- Advisor to Receiver of several New York Radiology Companies successfully improving profitability while repaying judgment creditor and cleaning up outstanding vendors.
- Financial Advisor for Bankruptcy Trustee of Lehr Construction, a leading interior construction contractor in Chapter 11.
- Lyle Anderson: Advisor for Real Estate Developer and high end golf course developer.
- Monarch Electric: Regional controller for $150 million electrical distributor.
- Andin International: Assisted management in cash forecasting and business plan development as part of extended the existing credit facility.
- Equilease: Performed valuation services for this equipment leasing company.
- Kaskel Trust: Provided litigation support to the Trustee of this $600 million family trust.
- Compass Diversified Trust: Performed due diligence and quality of earnings assessment for four portfolio companies and newly formed holding company.
Additionally, Mr. Altman also worked at Electronic Data Systems, where he managed the implementation of EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) solution for EDS with major financial institutions. He also managed the implementation of Automatic Teller Machine Money Transfer, a venture with Western Union allowing money transfer capabilities at ATM’s.
Mr. Altman received a Masters in Business Administration degree from Adelphi University with a concentration in Business and a Bachelor of Sciences degree in Accounting from the State University of New York at Albany. He is a Certified Public Accountant in New Jersey, a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New Jersey State Society of Certified Public Accountants.