Jim Goldmann serves as a Managing Director with Ankura Consulting Group, located in the Dallas, TX office. He resides in the Healthcare practice inside the Regulatory & Contractual Compliance practice. He has supported health care clients for over forty years in both consulting and management roles. Mr. Goldmann assists clients with management of the physician enterprise including: Strategy and Organization Development, Physician/Hospital transactions and financial assessment, and Physician Compensation Planning.
Mr. Goldmann’s professional experiences include:
- Value-based Compensation Transformation – Redesigned the physician compensation plan for the 120 physician primary care group affiliated with a Harvard teaching hospital incorporating quality, panel size, and patient satisfaction into performance expectations.
- Oncology Service Line Development – Assisted a major Texas health system to align its outpatient oncology practices utilizing a large, independent oncology practice as the management partner.
- Orthopedic Service Line Development – Led the development of an orthopedic service line strategy for a two hospital system serving Connecticut and Rhode Island.
- Academically-based Clinically Integrated Network Development – Led the creation of a clinically integrated network uniting 5 large private groups across a broad geography with a university-based faculty in Utah for the purpose of joint contracting.
- Value-based Payer Alignment – Assisted a Southern Massachusetts health system to determine the best contracting organization affiliate in order to maximize reimbursement and performance in a progressive, market-driven payer climate
- Clinically Integrated Network Development – Led the initiative to create a clinically integrated network for a nationally affiliated health system in Central Texas
- Development of the Physician Enterprise – Assisted a two hospital health system in New Jersey, a health system in Connecticut, and a public system in Hawaii to develop their physician entity including governance, management, practice acquisition, performance management, and compensation development.
- Creation of a Cardiac Co-Management program – Led the effort to substantially partner independent and employed physicians in a 4 hospital SW Florida health system with their cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons and create a strategy to improve market performance and quality.
- Enhancement of a Cardiac Service Line – assisted a two hospital health system in SW Florida to acquire the cardiology practices in their market and bind them together in a group serving as the first group executive for 9 months.
- Physician Practice Turnarounds – Served as the interim CEO for a Cardiology/Cardiothoracic surgery practice grow the group by 40% and improving collection by 20%/MD. Served as interim CEO for a nationally recognized oncology practice putting them on solid financial footing and saving them from bankruptcy.
- Other Consulting Experience – multiple hospital strategy and restructuring projects, medical school contract negotiations, physician group rollups, clinical performance improvement projects.
- Mr. Goldmann served as the Chief Operating Officer for Children’s Medical Center of Dallas
- He has also served as a hospital CEO and CIO