Jessica Harris is a Managing Director at Ankura Consulting Group, located in the Washington D.C. office. Ms. Harris has worked in derivatives regulation for over 10 years, for both the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and the National Futures Association (NFA). She has also worked for one of the largest commodities brokers prior to her roles in regulation. Ms. Harris has extensive experience in matters involving market manipulation, disruptive trading, and fraud. She has provided complex trading and statistical analyses in connection with the CFTC’s enforcement actions against firms and individuals alleged to have engaged in large-scale manipulation and spoofing.
Ms. Harris’ professional experience includes:
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Washington, D.C. – Served as the principal analyst in matters involving market manipulation, disruptive trading practices, and fraud. In this role, Ms. Harris data mined large financial data sets, provided analytics, and developed statistical models to collect and evaluate evidence and facts to determine if there are violations of the Commodity Exchange Act.
Significant cases include:
- CFTC v. Nav Sarao Futures Limited Plc and Navinder Singh Sarao (“2010 Flash Crash”);
- CFTC v. Eric Moncada; and
- CFTC v. Ecoval Dairy Trade, Inc.
- National Futures Association, Chicago, IL and New York, NY – Lead audits of NFA member firms, prepared audit reports, analyzed member financial statements to ensure integrity, and conducted investigations to discover fraud and rule violations.
Ms. Harris received her Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Western Michigan University. She holds a Master of Engineering degree in Systems Engineering from the University of Virginia, and is pursuing her post-master’s certificate in Financial Risk Engineering at Stevens Institute of Technology.