Francesca Harker is a Managing Director at Ankura Consulting Group and is based in Washington, DC. Ms. Harker has over 8 years of experience addressing a variety of client needs, including corporate investigations, review of internal controls and procedures, monitorships and receiverships.
Prior to joining Ankura, Ms. Harker was a Senior Associate at BakerHostetler, LLC where she worked on a variety of fraud investigations including financial reporting investigations and enforcement actions by the Securities and Exchange Commission, criminal investigations by the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigations, and market regulation misconduct arbitrations by FINRA. Ms. Harker routinely advised corporate boards and their executives on complex litigation decisions and implementing comprehensive compliance, whistleblower and anti-corruption policies. Ms. Harker also has extensive experience conducting internal investigations relating to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and assisting with voluntary self-disclosure where appropriate.
Ms. Harker’s professional experience includes:
- Internal Investigation – Investigated allegations of corrupt payments at a major international corporation and counsel the company on potential self-disclosure to relevant government agencies.
- SEC Enforcement Action – Represented former Fortune 50 CFO in multiple state and federal lawsuits alleging accounting and securities fraud relating to multibillion-dollar restatement.
- SEC Receivership – Led a multi-disciplinary team serving as counsel for court-appointed Receiver responsible for investigating, auditing, and recovering funds from $500 million Ponzi scheme.
- SDNY Monitorship – Member of DOJ-appointed monitorship team tasked with assessing major international bank’s implementation of data privacy, government contracts, FCPA and other regulatory compliance policies.
- Breach of Contract Claim – Second chair on jury trial for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty claims in which jury returned largest breach of contract award in New York City for that year.
Ms. Harker has a Juris Doctor from the University of Michigan where she was a member of the Michigan Law Review and Women’s Law Student Association, a Masters in Social Work from the Catholic University of America, and a Bachelor of Arts from Georgetown University.