Elias Psyllos is a Managing Director at Ankura Consulting Group and is based in New York, NY. Mr. Psyllos has worked on a variety of forensic and litigation consulting engagements including corporate internal investigations, eDiscovery related matters, preservation of electronic date, computer forensics investigations, and mobile forensic investigations. He has over 10 years of experience in professional services, strategy, and project management; the core of his professional service experience has been in the area of eDiscovery and Computer Forensics.
Mr. Psyllos has experience leading digital forensic investigations. Responsibilities included managing and conducting the entire forensic engagement, to include the collection, preservation, and examination of digital evidence on computers, mobile devices, tablets, externals hard drives, thumb drives, etc.
Some examples of his investigative experience include:
- Led a team of Forensic Investigators in conducting forensic collections, preservations, examinations and reporting of digital evidence for Fortune 500 corporations, law firms, financial institutions, hedge funds, healthcare, pharmaceutical, and non-profits.
- Led certain digital preservation efforts for clients in connection with SEC subpoenas to produce forensic copies of the company’s data. Worked with General Counsel, external Counsel, and IT Administrator to identify relevant custodian’s data sources and develop the most efficient plan of execution.
- U.S. Postal Inspection Service. Conducted analysis and provided the findings to the Postal Inspectors, Attorneys and other agencies that might have been involved.
Mr. Psyllos also provides litigation support in cases with eDiscovery and Computer Forensic requests. Responsibilities included the identification, preservation and collection of digital data, management of processing and hosting for review purposes, forensic analysis, and advisory services to clients on the forensically sound process and procedures regarding digital data collection efforts.
Mr. Psyllos’ litigation and dispute experience includes:
- Served as a liaison between Legal and IT in order to facilitate activities for implementing strategies around data collection efforts. Created and implemented policies and procedures that align with best industry practices to ensure clients followed forensically sound methodologies.
- Testified in a federal matter related to a child exploitation digital investigation. Worked closely with assistant U.S. Attorneys and Postal Inspectors in assembly of digital findings for trial exhibits/support and in trial preparation.
- Managed data assessments on various data source types in order to gain an overview of the data and assess best course of action for the client. Provided information to counsel in order to determine which specific data might be relevant for eDiscovery processing and hosting.
- Assisted a large Pharmaceutical client in managing the preservation and collection of all paper and electronically stored information (ESI) identified as part of litigation and non-litigation related discovery.
- Created and executed the process for forensically preserving all relevant client and employee data for a Financial and Operational Advisory firm in regards to archival and legal purposes throughout the companies “wind down” period.