Chris Rowland is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura Consulting Group, based in the Dallas, Texas office. Chris has over 25 years of executive leadership experience in the financial services industry, having worked in capital markets, private banking, and correspondent banking environments. He has specialized in managing regulatory remediation and has a strong background in bank compliance AML programs that include governance, risk assessment, transaction monitoring, and sanctions. In addition, he has managed numerous investigations for large international financial organizations. Chris has managed complex regulatory turnaround programs as both a bank executive and as a consultant.
Mr. Rowland’s professional experience includes:
- Global Correspondent Bank (consultant) – Served as Chief Operating Officer of Financial Crimes Compliance. Managed critical aspects of the BSA remediation program, including AML Risk Assessment, detection scenario analysis, tuning and testing, case investigations and SAR preparation, lookback quality control, and AML reporting metrics.
- Hedge Fund Fraud and AML investigation (consultant) – Managed the money laundering investigation and related forensic accounting practice. Served as the regulatory subject matter expert and assisted in numerous FINRA violation assessments.
- Global Financial Services Bank (consultant) – Served as Regulatory engagement lead focused on critical consent order items, mortgage foreclosure review, risk reporting, and controls.
- Global Private Bank – Served as Regional Chief Operating Officer of Private Banking. Responsibilities include client advisory, products, operations, finance, technology, legal, and compliance. Accomplishments include regulatory and compliance upgrades resulting in significant improvement in Federal Reserve audit rating, a comprehensive anti-money laundering program, client due diligence, and Know Your Customer program and suitability monitoring and controls. Implemented risk management program to create governance oversight across all functions and established risk metrics and reporting. Responsible for the acquisition of two private bank divisions, including due diligence activities and integration.
- Managed product offering of discretionary and non-discretionary products and expansion of the lending platform.
- Global Financial Services Bank – Served as Global Head of Operations. Managed operational support for capital markets trading, correspondent banking unit, and mortgage servicing. The capital markets activities included derivatives (options and swaps), equities, fixed income, and foreign exchange in North America, Europe, and Asia. The substantial scope of capital markets responsibilities provided support for valuation, settlement, accounting, and risk control for all products. Mortgage servicing units supported residential and corporate lending.
Mr. Rowland received his Bachelor of Business Administration from Pace University. He is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, and has received FINRA Series 27, 24, and 7 certificates.