Anjula Garg is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura Consulting Group based in New York, NY. She has more than 14 years of experience in white collar and corporate criminal matters, commercial litigation, and advisory services. Ms. Garg serves in an advisory capacity in the risk, resilience & geopolitical, regulatory compliance, and investigations & accounting advisory practices, as well as leads the business development, marketing, and branding efforts for the firm.
Prior to joining Ankura, Ms. Garg was a Senior Director at FTI Consulting, where she was a member of the Forensic Accounting & Advisory Services practice in the Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment. Ms. Garg was with the Anti-Corruption Investigations and Compliance practice, where she assisted with the rebranding, reorganization, and strategic business development initiatives of the team, as well as the relaunch of a web-based, third-party due diligence solution. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Ms. Garg was a Partner at the law firm of Baker & Hostetler LLP in the White Collar Defense and Corporate Investigations practice. In addition, Ms. Garg served as an Assistant District Attorney (ADA) in the Queens County District Attorney’s Office.
Ms. Garg’s professional experience includes:
- Conducted numerous formal and informal investigations on behalf of companies in the financial services, pharmaceutical, and healthcare industries regarding accounting irregularities, conflicts of interest, and regulatory compliance matters.
- Responded to governmental subpoenas on behalf of corporate clients and represented individuals, private entities, and public companies in connection with criminal and regulatory investigations conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, among other regulatory agencies.
- Advised corporate clients on optimizing internal controls and corporate governance, revising business codes of conduct, and designing policies and procedures to enhance statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Investigated and made recommendations related to bank compliance during an FDIC examination with sensitivity to bank compliance procedures as well as EEOC and whistleblower laws.
- Conducted global investigations of and litigation seeking recovery of fraudulent transfers by banks and foreign feeder funds for equitable distribution to defrauded customers filed by the SIPA Trustee in relation to the Madoff Ponzi scheme.
- Secured dismissal of 73 count state indictment alleging pattern of corrupt activity, money laundering, conspiracy, bribery and perjury.
- Identified aider and abettor liability associated with revenue recognition fraud in multiple investigations concerning a drug distributor while assisting in the creation of a revenue recognition fraud training program.
- Conducted an investigation and advised client relating to abidance of trade sanctions and voluntary disclosure to OFAC.
- Assisted on a ten-week, multi-million dollar products liability and wrongful death trial.
- Assisted in the litigation of numerous intellectual property cases in federal and state court and an international arbitration dealing with domain name theft, misappropriation of trade secrets, and trademark infringement.
- As the Baker & Hostetler New York Pro Bono Legal Services Coordinator, represented individuals in civil rights, immigration asylum, death penalty, and divorce and child custody actions.
- As an ADA, managed felony & misdemeanor caseloads from investigation to trial.
- As an ADA, handled major felony cases through the Major Case & Career Criminal/Gang Violence & Hate Crimes/ Supreme Court Trial Bureaus Riding Program.
Ms. Garg received a Juris Doctorate from Case Western Reserve University School of Law and a Masters in Social Work from the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work. She also earned her Bachelor of Arts and graduated summa cum laude from Case Western Reserve University. She is licensed to practice law in New York, Ohio, and various federal courts and is a member of the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, and the New York City Bar Association.